BMW Motorrad unveiled its near production prototype of an e-scooter christened as BMW C Evolution sometimes back. The company has made this model to deal with increasing energy cost and stringent CO2 norms. The scooter has some fantastic features and next generation technologies for commuters. Let’s have a look at its features and images.
BMW Premium Electric Scooter: BMW C Evolution
BMW C Evolution Electric Scooter Features & Specifications
- 11 kW continuous output (homologation according to ECE R85) and 35 kW peak output.
- 120 km/h max. speed.
- Innovative electric drive via drivetrain swing arm with liquid-cooled alternator, tooth belt and planetary gear.
- High range of up to 100 kilometres due to large battery capacity.
- High-voltage battery with high capacity (8 kWh) and innovative air cooling.
- Intelligent recuperation (energy regeneration) in coasting mode and when braking.
- Charging time of less than 3 hours
- Synergy effects with BMW automobiles and electrical safety to car standards.
- Hybrid chassis with agile handling due to low centre of gravity.
- Powerful braking system with ABS.
- Lightweight Metzeler Feelgreen tyres.
- Multifunctional TFT instrument cluster and LED daytime running light.
- Innovative colour concept and design.
- Distance covered on single charge n be extended by 10 to 20 per cent depending on riding style.
BMW Motorrad is known for its ground breaking technology concepts in automobiles. The company may display the production model of this e-scooter at EICMA 2012.