With a lot of fanfare and hoopla we welcome the new 2012 model Ninja 650 in India. It would replace the older 2011 model Ninja 650R and is priced around Rs 42,000 over the outgoing model.
What has changed in the new Ninja 650?
- First, Kawasaki Bajaj now calls the new bike as Ninja 650 without an ‘R’
- The bike has got a meaner face and other cosmetic changes which you can make out from the pic posted here.
- Compression ratio of the new Ninja is 10.8:1 (11.3:1 of the earlier variant)
- Fuel Tank is 16 Liters as compared to 15.5liters of the earlier variant
- The new 2012 Ninja 650 is 7 kgs heavier @ 211 kgs (204kg of outgoing variant)
- The new Ninja is 10mm longer (2110mm) and 10 mm wider (770mm) than the outgoing variant.
- Tyres on the new Ninja at the event were Dunlop. The earlier variant had leech-grip like Bridgestone Battlax. Specs and dimensions remain the same though.
- According to what we were told at the launch, the new Ninja 650 gets a lot of changes on the cosmetic front (as visible) and also the engine and chassis.
- The most important bit price: New Ninja is priced Rs 42,732 costlier than the outgoing variant. Earlier variant was priced at Rs.4,57,102 ex-showroom New Delhi and the new one goes for Rs 4,99,834 Ex-Showroom Delhi
* Figures compared between official press releases of both the older and new Ninja 650
New Ninja 650 Features:
- Sharp dual headlamps inspired from liter class Ninjas
- Retuned suspension settings
- Slimmer tail cowl and sharper LED tail lamps
- Higher and taller fuel tank
- MotoGP inspired digital console
- Thicker padded split seats
- Adjustable windscreen
- Petal discs
- Signature mono-suspension
- Comfortable seating posture
Check out the pictures from the launch event: